5G network Installation for a Superyacht
Discover how Digimark's engineers installed a 5G network on a luxury vessel to increase the level of service and provide quality seamless connectivity to the passengers.
Need for uninterrupted Internet connectivity
Initially, the ship needed a reliable wireless connection while traveling, serving the passengers and crew on board. Moreover, to minimize the cost, LTE/5G connection had to be achieved for better, faster and stable network connection. To meet the above requirements, the vessel management company turned to Peplink's certified partner, Digimark.
Digimark's solution with Peplink devices
Our certified engineers installed the Peplink MAX BR1 Pro 5G and the AP One AX Lite. Supporting LTE/5G bands worldwide, especially low bands that are vital for long-range connectivity, this device is the ideal choice for boats and ships.
In order to maintain this connection, a wide multi-directional bandwidth and high performance antenna was required, Digimark engineers after visiting and assessing the vessel proposed and installed the Mobility 42G antenna.
Thanks to Digimark the luxury vessel can now provide its passengers with uninterrupted 5G network speeds even in the most remote areas.
- 1x 5G Modem (Global) with Redundant SIM Slots
- 1x Ethernet WAN (can act as a LAN port if needed)
- 2x2 MIMO Simultaneous Dual-Band, Wi-Fi 6
- 1Gbps Router Throughput
- Full antenna set
- US Carrier Certifications: T-Mobile
- Radio Chain: 2 x 2:2
- Data Rates: 2 x 2 MU-MIMO
- Manageable by InControl 2 - one-stop platform to manage the entire WLAN network
- Plenum Rated, Indoor Plastic
- 7-in-1 5G Ready cellular and Wi-Fi antenna system with GPS receiver
- 4x LTE, 2x Wi-Fi, 1x GPS
- IP68, SMA, White, 6.5ft / 2m